A couple of weeks ago, Clif Mims posted a professional development challenge for the summer months. His goals were to encourage goal setting and inspire learning to continue over the summer months. I’ve never participated in a meme before, but I thought this was a good one to try since I do have some goals for this summer. So here are the guidelines set by Clif for this meme:
Summer can be a great time for professional development. It is an opportunity to learn more about a topic, read a particular work or the works of a particular author, beef up an existing unit of instruction, advance one’s technical skills, work on that advanced degree or certification, pick up a new hobby, and finish many of the other items on our ever-growing To Do Lists. Let’s make Summer 2010 a time when we actually get to accomplish a few of those things and enjoy the thrill of marking them off our lists.
NOTE: You do NOT have to wait to be tagged to participate in this meme.
- Pick 1-3 professional development goals and commit to achieving them this summer.
- For the purposes of this activity the end of summer will be Labor Day (09/06/2010).
- Post the above directions along with your 1-3 goals on your blog.
- Link back/trackback to http://clifmims.com/blog/archives/3669.
- Use the following tag/ keyword/ category on your post: pdmeme2010.
- Tag 5 or more bloggers to participate in the meme.
- Achieve your goals and “develop professionally.”
- Commit to sharing your results on your blog during early or mid-September.
So here we go…
- Read Disrupting Class by Clayton Christensen
- Successfully host a Google workshop for teachers in my school district
- Successfully complete my summer grad course (LS529) – first summer course I’ve ever taken