There are a lot of hidden features in the Mac operating system that are extremely useful. One of those features is the Text To Speech technology that allows your computer to speak selected text. This is a great tool to use with students who are emerging readers, struggling readers, auditory learners, students with visual impairments, or with ebooks. Text To Speech works with a designated key combination and works in web browsers, word processing documents, and with online books. Watch this episode to find out how it works and how you might use it in your classroom.
Please feel free to download the TextToSpeech.PDF file located at the bottom of this post for directions on activating Text To Speech.
Hi, my name is Chris Hyde and I'd like to thank you for stopping by the Bacon Bytes Blog where I take some time to share about technology in education and to remind you that everything is better with bacon.
- I have been on Twitter for 10 years and 7 months (since 16 Feb 2008). And you? TwiAge.com 4 days ago
- This mod is worth at least +10 horsepower, right? #subaru #subaruwrx #subaruambassador instagram.com/p/BofbMCenfZFn… 2 weeks ago
- apple.com/newsroom/2018/… 2 weeks ago
- RT @tim_cook: Everyone Can Create, our free curriculum designed to bring drawing, music, photos and video into the classroom, is available… 2 weeks ago
- Been waiting for this...super excited for teachers and students! apple.com/education/ever… 2 weeks ago
- Farewell Yellow Brick Road! @ Bryce Jordan Center instagram.com/p/BnziLB5Hh6sX… 1 month ago
Live Traffic Feed
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.